Friday, May 18, 2007

Eccentric Minister Lengthens Services if Weather Bad

1913

Unconventional Minister

A Missouri man tells of a somewhat eccentric minister in that state who is most unconventional in conducting the services of his church.

It appears that, from his pulpit, this clergyman can, through an open window on his right, command a clear view of the fields stretching off in the distance. One morning instead of beginning the service as usual he announced: "As I observe Sister Anna Morgan, somewhat late, approaching the church, I shall postpone the commencement of the service until her arrival."

On one occasion he made this announcement to his congregation: "As the weather is still so inclement, I will, my dear friends, lengthen my discourse somewhat in the hope that it may clear later."

No comments: