Friday, April 11, 2008

Universal Rejoicing

1900

AN AVALANCHE OF PRAISE FOR THE DOWIE EXPOSURE

LETTERS FROM RAM'S HORN SUBSCRIBERS

First Presbyterian Church,
Forest, Ohio, March 2, 1900.

Editor Ram's Horn:

Allow me to congratulate you on your most excellent paper for March 3. I honestly believe that no better or higher service to the kingdom of Christ may be rendered just now than by the course you are taking. Please find inclosed $3.00 for 100 copies to be sent to my address. Very truly yours,

G. JAMES JONES.


1540 Lehigh Ave.,
Philadelphia, Pa., March 1, 1900.

Editor The Ram's Horn:

There has been a copy of The Ram's Horn handed me exposing Dowieism. I was so highly pleased with this work, and knowing Dowie as I do, and knowing that he is an abominable liar and impostor, with my personal experience with him, I think you are doing humanity a great service by exposing him. I therefore enclose $5.00, for the following purposes: $1.50 for one year's subscription in advance, and $3.00 for the following purposes: 30 copies of March 3 issue (mail them to my address), and the balance, or 60 copies, I will order at some other time. I hope indeed you will not unfurl the flag, but that you will make one assault after another, as I believe you are doing a great amount of good in warning the unwary and susceptible from being duped by this great religious pretender. Yours truly,

CHARLES J. HECKLER.


Fourth Baptist Church,
Chicago, March 2, 1900.

Editor The Ram's Horn:

The churches and the city should rise up and bless you for this noble work in showing the people John A. Dowie as he really is. Please send sample copies to every pastor in the city and in some way get this Dowie issue into the hands of the Christian people and the public. If you can in some way rid us from this bold-faced impostor and blackguard you will have done a life work for your fellow citizens.

Yours sincerely,

KITTREDGE WHEELER.


Louisville, Ky., Feb. 27, 1900

Editor The Ram's Horn:

I just want to thank you and commend your action in devoting issue just received to the exposure of the "Dowie" movement. I received some weeks ago a copy of his paper, and I saw, I thought, through the movement from that issue. If this letter encourages you to further tell the truth it will serve the purpose of a ten-year subscriber. Truly,

E. W. WEEDON.

—The Ram's Horn, March 17, 1900, p. 5.

No comments: